Berwind Lake (18,000 acres) is owned by the McDowell County Economic Development Authority. The area is located 12 miles south of Welch on state Routes 16 and 12/4.
Berwind Lake offers picnic tables with lantern post and charcoal grills; reservable and accessible shelters; swimming pool; fishing which includes spring trout fishing, largemouth bass, channel catfish and bluegill.
The lake is 20-acres, has an accessible fishing pier, boat launch ramp (boats, electric motors only, three (3) brush shelters to attract fish and foot trail surrounds the lake.Get Directions
COMING SOON! “POPPY’S PLACE” CABIN RENTALS.
- 20-acre lake
- Prospects include spring trout fishing, largemouth bass, channel catfish and bluegill
- Three brush shelters to attract fish
- Foot trail surrounding the lake
- Accessible fishing pier
- Boat launch ramp
- Electric motors only
- 8 primitive sites
- Each site equipped with picnic table, lantern post and charcoal grill
- Check-in: 12:00 p.m.
- Check-out: 10:00 a.m.
- Pool swimming from 11:00AM-5:00PM
- Open Memorial Day to Labor Day
- Closed on Mondays and Tuesdays
- Three designated trails
- Accessible shelter
- Reservable shelter