Berwind Lake (18,000 acres) is owned by the McDowell County Economic Development Authority. The area is located 12 miles south of Welch on state Routes 16 and 12/4.
Berwind Lake offers picnic tables with lantern post and charcoal grills; reservable and accessible shelters; swimming pool; fishing which includes spring trout fishing, largemouth bass, channel catfish and bluegill.
The lake is 20-acres, has an accessible fishing pier, boat launch ramp (boats, electric motors only, three (3) brush shelters to attract fish and foot trail surrounds the lake.
- 20-acre lake
- Prospects include spring trout fishing, largemouth bass, channel catfish and bluegill
- Three brush shelters to attract fish
- Foot trail surrounding the lake
- Accessible fishing pier
- Boat launch ramp
- Electric motors only
- 8 primitive sites
- Each site equipped with picnic table, lantern post and charcoal grill
- Check-in: 12:00 p.m.
- Check-out: 10:00 a.m.
- Pool swimming from 11:00AM-5:00PM
- Open Memorial Day to Labor Day
- Closed on Mondays and Tuesdays
- Three designated trails
- Accessible shelter
- Reservable shelter
COMING SOON! “POPPY’S PLACE” CABIN RENTALS.