The caboose was built by a Virginian Railroad in the late 1940s or early 1950s. It was built at their back shops in Princeton and numbered 333. The caboose was used on the Virginian Railroad system from Mullens to Princeton and along their line to Roanoke and to Norfolk, Va. The Virginian Railroad was merged into the Norfolk and Western Railroad on Dec 1, 1959. The caboose was renumbered 530333. In 1989 it was given to the Town of Kimball to put on display. It was restored by the Kimball Rotary Club and the Town of Kimball and is continuously kept up by them.