Fair Haven Ranch Lodges
Fair Haven Ranch Lodges is open to the public for lodging and camping, both RV and primitive. Although it is an ideal location for sportsmen and women to come to ride ATVs on the extensive Hatfield-McCoy Trail System, the ranch’s facilities are available for other activities.
Located on Burke Mountain in Keystone, WV, a famous spot in McDowell County for ATV trails, Fair Haven has much to offer. Furnished lodges, large capacity conference room, and indoor pool make Fair Haven a premier destination for family vacations, retreats, conferences, reunions and weddings.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Destination Type TypeLodging
Activity Level Leisurely
100 private acres for you to explore!
The facilities and surroundings of Fair Haven support many kinds of activities. The ranch property itself is a perfect vacation destination for individuals and families and it is an ideal setting for small and large groups to gather for a conference, retreat or family event.
Fair Haven’s facilities are perfect for staging forays into the surrounding countryside. Bow hunting is popular in the area (hunting licenses and permissions required), and there are many ATV trails providing access to the Hatfield-McCoy Trails.
Recommended Driving Directions to Fair Haven
- From Bluefield WV, take Route 52 North to Keystone WV. Keystone is the next community beyond Northfork, a few miles east of Welch.
- Cross the tracks at Miller Street, the first crossing after exiting Northfork and entering Keystone. When you cross the tracks, you are making a u-turn from 52 onto Burke Mountain Road. Proceed 2.8 miles up Burke Mountain Road.
- At the top of Burke Mountain Road, you will come to a clearing and what will look like a grassy triangle intersection. You will be turning left, making another u-turn onto the large, wide gravel coal road. This is known as Coal Road ”A” Travel down the gravel road, staying to the left. As you travel, count the roads on your right.
- Turn right at the 4th road, exactly 1.7 miles from the grassy triangle, making a sharp right onto the Fair Haven Ranch access road.
- Continue uphill to Fairhaven Ranch, exactly .5 miles from the coal road to the first house.
Cedar Peaks – Unit 1
This rental is rich with light wood tones and spactious enough for a large family to meet in. Cedar Peaks features a large and wide porch on both the front and rear of the home, and as an added bonus, be sure to bring man’s best friend Cedar Peaks has a fenced in yard!
Hilltop – Unit 2
Aptly named, this unit sits far above the rest, overlooking the ranch down below. A fire pit in the back for latenite fireside conversations, large wide porches and a carport, this rentals sure to add a sparkle to your eye.
Brown’s Place – Unit 3
Brown’s Place: the owners home with a second room featuring it’s own private access. This room was designed with the hunter in mind, with rap around gun cabinets and cedar lined it will comfortably host one or more guest. The porch at Brown’s place is fantastic! Lare, wrapping around the home, providing shade and serenity, Your sure to love the views.
Joshua’s House – Unit 4
This quaint little rental is currently undergoing a furniture refresh. It has a large master bedroom with it’s own large private master bath; that overlooks the liing area. A sunroom, large eat in kitchen, dining area, and room for 2 additional bed rooms in the basement! Joshua’s House sits atop a hill overlooking the ranch!
The Terry Camper
Located behind unit 4, the Terry camper is permently set on a foundation with it’s own sun porch, pull ou thte campers sun shade for a litte shade! Enough room for the single traveler or for two! This unit is perfect for the traveling hunter or fishermen looking for a little R&R.
Cedar Flats – Unit 6
The largest of the available units, this house will sleep a very large group and still leave room to enjoy various activities! The laundry facility is just off the side entrance and is shared. The house is fenced and has gorgeous views. The sidea nd rear yard is fenced, so be sure to bring fido on vacation with you! The wide porch is perfect for a lazy evening watching the sun set atop the mountin!
- Mountain Biking, Running, Hiking
- Swimming in Indoor Pool
- Bow Hunting (Deer, Turkey)
- Off-Ranch Riding Trails in McDowell and Mercer
- 1-Hour to Winterplace Ski Resort
- “Bring-Your-Own” Activities (Horseshoes, Badminton, etc.)
- Queen bedrooms with private or shared bath
- Twin bedrooms, with shared bath
- Whole house rentals with 3-5 bedrooms, large living areas and equipped kitchens
- Wide covered porches with breathtaking views
- ATV parking and long-term storage
- Indoor pool with large indoor pool house, 150 person capacity (Available only from Memorial Day Weekend to Labor Day Weekend)
- Kennels available for dogs
- 100 person capacity conference room
- RV hookups and remote camping sites
- 2 barns, 8 stalls for boarding horses (Bring your own feed and hay, fenced pastures available most of the year)
$12.00 for 2 adults
$2.00 for each additional
$5.00 Indoor Pool
*Rates are per day/per person
RV Camping includes electricity and water connections
$30.00 for the first adult
$6.00 each additional person
We offer several different lodges on the property therefore lodging is broken down on a per room basis. Discounts are available for large groups or entire lodge rentals. Please contact us for more information.
$85.00 Queen Bedroom with private bath
$75.00 Queen Bedroom with shared bath
ATV Parking, Storage & Washing
$4.00 Daily Parking per ATV
$12.00 per ATV washed
$75.00 per month storage
If you have any questions on these fees, please do not hesitate to call us.
$5.00 Indoor Pool
$5.00 Kennels (per pet) $10.00 Stall (per horse)
Bow hunters, Fair Haven puts you right smack dab in the middle of the number one trophy deer producing county in the United States! McDowell also allows gun hunting for small game, black bear and spring turkey (hunting licenses, permits and/or land use permission is required). Be sure to visit the West Virginia Department of Natural Resources for more information.